The Nigerian Military says it has found that Boko Haram terrorists have began utilizing drones and overseas fighters.
The Military in a press release by Brigadier Basic Sani Kukasheka Usman on Wednesday mentioned
‘we’ve seen daring strikes by the terrorists, elevated use of drones in opposition to our defensive positions and infusion of foreign fighters of their ranks.
These potent threats require us to repeatedly evaluate our operations. The Military additionally expressed gratitude to the President, Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces, Federal Republic of Nigeria, President Buhari (GCFR) for visiting the troops together with a number of the wounded officers and troopers within the hospitals saying ‘we thank His Excellency the Government Governor and good individuals of Borno State who’ve taken the brunt of the nefarious actions of the Boko Haram terrorists.
Our gratitude also goes to the Honourable Minister of Defence, the Chief of Defence Employees and the Service Chiefs, who’ve all proven concern and visited the troops. The Nigerian Military additionally thanks all patriotic and anxious Nigerians who’ve despatched in messages of goodwill and help for the Nigerian Military.’
Learn full assertion under:
1. Gents of the press, in continuation with our resolve to maintain Nigerians properly knowledgeable of the actions of the Nigerian Military, I can be briefing you on the latest happenings within the North East of Nigeria. Within the latest weeks, Nigerian troops deployed within the North East of Nigeria underneath Operation LAFIYA DOLE have come underneath collection of assaults by massive numbers of Boko Haram Terrorists. Particularly, the Nigerian Military troops deployed at KUKAWA, NGOSHE, KARETO and GAJIRAM got here under assault at completely different instances within a 2 week interval from 2 – 17th November 2018.
Every of those incidents have been efficiently repelled and several other members of the terrorists have been killed. Nonetheless, a complete of 16 personnel have been killed in the midst of these assaults whereas 12 troopers have been wounded in motion and are receiving remedy at our army medical services.
2. As you might be all conscious, Nigeria is contributing troops to the Multi-Nationwide Joint Process Power (MNJTF) which has its headquarters in N’djamena, within the Republic of Chad. One of many Nigerian battalions (157 TF Bn), deployed underneath the auspices of the MNJTF was attacked at their Base on the outskirts of a city referred to as METELE on 18th November 2018. Through the assault, the troops have been compelled to withdraw and several other casualties have been recorded. As at date 23 personnel have been killed in motion and 31 personnel have been wounded in motion and have been evacuated to a number of medical hospitals inside Borno State. The Nigerian Military commiserates with the MNJTF at this tough time and needs to state that each one crucial help can be rendered to the MNJTF to reverse this resurgence of the Boko Haram Terrorists.
3. The Nigerian Military needs to additional commiserate with the households of the gallant officers and troopers that paid the supreme price in the midst of defending their fatherland. The sacrifices of those fallen heroes won’t be in useless. We additionally want all these wounded in motion speedy restoration and guarantee them of our continued help and care.
4. The incident of 18th November 2018, occurred at a time when the Nigerian Military was planning to carry the Chief of Military Employees Annual Convention for 2018 in Benin Metropolis, Edo State. On account of this incident, the Convention needed to be moved from Benin Metropolis to Maiduguri to allow the Nigerian Military management get nearer to the troops on the bottom and to raised appraise our actions, assess our efficiency and establish our shortcomings as an Military.
5. We’re additionally delicate to the truth that the nation is approaching an election yr and thus we have to be ready to help in offering safety for the peaceable conduct of elections. Accordingly, the theme for this yr’s annual convention is aptly titled, “Optimizing the Operational Efficiency of the Nigerian Army Towards Safeguarding Democracy and National Security in Nigeria”. Let me at this juncture guarantee all Nigerians and certainly the worldwide neighborhood that the NA will work optimally, along side different safety companies to offer a safe setting for peace and unity in Nigeria.
6. Since 2015, the Nigerian Military along side sister companies and different safety companies have systematically degraded the capabilities and capability of Boko Haram terrorists and lots of successes have been achieved. Nonetheless, within the final 2 – Three months, we’ve seen daring strikes by the terrorists, elevated use of drones in opposition to our defensive positions and infusion of overseas fighters of their ranks. These potent threats require us to repeatedly evaluate our operations.
7. At this level allow me to implore all of us to spare a thought for the courageous women and men of the Nigerian Military who paid the supreme worth for the safety of Nigeria. The Nigerian Military will proceed to help the households of those courageous officers and troopers and pray that their souls relaxation in excellent peace. Allow us to additionally not overlook the lads, girls and youngsters who’ve been killed or affected by the atrocities of the terrorists. It’s for his or her sake that this struggle in opposition to terror have to be gained.
8. The Nigerian Military needs to specific its gratitude to the President, Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces, Federal Republic of Nigeria, President Muhammadu Buhari (GCFR) who has visited the troops together with a number of the wounded officers and troopers within the hospitals. We additionally thank His Excellency the Government Governor and good individuals of Borno State who’ve taken the brunt of the nefarious actions of the Boko Haram terrorists. Our gratitude additionally goes to the Honourable Minister of Defence, the Chief of Defence Employees and the Service Chiefs, who’ve all proven concern and visited the troops. The Nigerian Military additionally thanks all patriotic and anxious Nigerians who’ve despatched in messages of goodwill and help for the Nigerian Military.
9. Lastly, the Nigerian Military, needs to reiterate and pledge its whole dedication to the defence of the Structure of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. We want to reassure all Nigerians of the dedication of the Nigerian Military to defend our nation in any respect prices. We will additionally proceed to stay apolitical, skilled and responsive within the discharge of our constitutional roles.
SANI KUKASHEKA USMAN Brigadier Basic for Chief of Military Employees 28th November 2018