It was recently confirmed that Mr Chinweoda Ndubuisi, a pastor with Foursquare Gospel Church in Umuahia, the Abia capital is dead, this was confirmed by Mr Ogbonnaya Nta, the Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO) in Abia. The deceased died in an explosion from a faulty generator in his residence.
He said that the deceased engaged the repairer to work on the generating set and that it suddenly caught fire while they were still trying to kick-start it.
[quote_box_center]A friend of the deceased said on the condition of anonymity on phone that although his neighbours rallied round to put out the fire, it was difficult to rescue the deceased.
He said that efforts made to drag the burning generator from under the staircase by the rescue team were unsuccessful because it was chained.[/quote_box_center]
He said that Ndubuisi was trapped in the fire resulting from the explosion which occurred in the presence of a generator repairer while trying to fix the generator. Nta said that the incident occurred at Plot 100, Nkwerre Street, Umuahia, on Wednesday evening.
According to the PPRO, fire and smoke engulfed the corner under a staircase, where the generator was securely chained to an iron protector. He said that while the repairer, who reportedly stood close to the exit door managed to escape, the deceased could not.
READ MORE STORIES…