The Presidency has said that terrorist sect, Boko Haram might be defeated before the three-month deadline handed down by President Muhammadu Buhari.

This was disclosed by presidential media aide, Garba Shehu during an interview with journalists on Sunday, September 6, 2015.

Shehu also said that the Buhari administration had been working hard to put an end to the sect’s activities.

Shehu said:

[pull_quote_center]

“From my conversation with these commanders, what they are saying to themselves is that they are not going to wait for three months, but do their best to beat the target given by the president.”

“So there is so much going on and I can assure you that spirits are very high. The army chief was there with the soldiers for about nine days. That is leadership because you see him leading the soldiers from the front.”

“If the chief himself is there, who are you to drop your gun? A lot is happening and Boko Haram has been degraded, they have lost central command and are now in splinters.”

“What you have now is bits and pieces carrying out distractive action because they don’t want to go down alone. So they are looking for very soft targets such as churches, mosques and markets.”

[/pull_quote_center]

Buhari had pronounced the deadline while decorating Nigeria’s new service chiefs in August.

Facebook Comments

Leave a Reply