Lauryn Hill is set to return to Nigeria, four months after she failed to appear in the country for an earlier booked show.
The US pop star Lauryn Hill was billed to headline a concert in Lagos, Nigeria but her set was cancelled at the last minute due to a travel disagreement between Lauryn Hill and the show promoter. The singer later went on to apologise to disappointed Nigerian fans in a video which has amassed over a million hits.
But a new concert has been packaged by the same promoter, and the singer is set to hold. The former Fugees star will be live in Lagos on August 30, 2015 at Eko Hotels along with her 20-man live band for a ‘reloaded concert.’
Here are five things you should know about the concert.
1. In a career spanning many decades, Sunday’s concert will be Lauryn Hill’s first performance in Nigeria.
2. Basketmouth is set to be the host of the forthcoming concert.
3. The concert will feature Nigeria’s disc jockeying legend, DJ Jimmy Jatt.
4. A number of female stars will open for the former Fugees star. They include Victoria Kimani, Seyi Shay, Rachel Kerr, and Aina More.
5. Males Performers on the night 2face Idibia, Iyanya, Banky W, Sound Sultan, Tekno, Dil, and Capital Femi.