Application period: Sept. 1–21, 2021
Up to US$25K in funding is available for social ventures that are:
- 100% African-owned
- 2021 Mandela Washington fellow*
- All tracks (public management, civic engagement, and business)
- All sectors
- Venture must be African-owned and managed, based in, and operating in sub-Saharan Africa
- One application allowed
What we are looking for:
- Viability of the proposed business or social venture.
- Track record, including the grantee’s related experience and ability to execute.
- Impact — the potential for impact and a demonstration of how the venture will improve and change the communities in which the grants are implemented.
- Unmet Need — The degree to which the venture addresses unmet needs of under-served communities and/or market demand.
- Sustainability — How sustainable is the venture and/or organization. “Donor dependent” organizations will not be selected.
To Apply visit https://www.usadf.gov/apply
For inquiries, please email YALI2021septrfa-qa@USADF.gov.
* Alumni who are government officials are ineligible to apply.