Empowering Nigerian graduates with opportunities. Applications are opening soon!
Launched 31st of August 2021, the Nigeria Jubilee Fellows Programme (NJFP) is a youth empowerment partnership initiative between the Federal Government of Nigeria and the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
Rising unemployment and the COVID-19 pandemic are all impacting the ability of young Nigerians to find work. The programme seeks to connect talented graduates with local job opportunities that apply their expertise, while equipping them with world-class practical knowledge and relevant skills. It does not matter if you have no job experience!
Other programs and initiatives tend to require some sort of advanced requirement from applicants or lower the entry bar in terms of the kind of opportunities that are available. NJFP does the opposite by inviting qualified applicants across a level playing field without compromising the pedigree of organizations that will play host to successful Fellows.
The programme will serve all of Nigeria – from North to South and East to West – ensuring that organisations and youth from all corners of the country can participate.
- Must be a Nigerian citizen.
- Be a fresh graduate (Bachelor’s Degree) from any discipline and graduated not earlier than 2017.
- Be at most 30 years old.
- Not currently engaged in any employment.
- Have completed the mandatory National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) OR have a certificate of exemption from the NYSC.
- Demonstrate interest/commitment in chosen career field.
- Demonstrate interest/commitment to contributing to Nigeria’s socio-economic development.
- Have excellent time management and a professional attitude.
- Have good verbal and written communication skills.
- Provision up-to-date regulatory documentation including –
- CAC Certificate of Registration
- Provision of official letter of interest detailing a clear understanding of the objectives of the NJFP and commitment to supporting the program by accepting fellow placements.
- Provision of clear descriptions of available role requirements.
- Agreement to provide mentorship support to fellows through dedicated sessions with existing experienced professional within their organizations.
- Agreement to abide by the guidelines of the program and to sign a code of conduct.
- Have non-discrimination policies on gender, ethnicity, religion and disability status, as well as policies against sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse (PSHEA).
- Have no criminal records or conviction or any affiliation with proscribed organizations ie, terrorists, drug traffickers, illicit trade, child labour.
Transparency and accountability are cornerstones of the NJFP. The programme is equipped with a robust financial management system and internal controls to enable financial transfers to be made directly to participating youth. Programme management, procurement and outsourcing are monitored and audited with a unique Monitoring and Evaluation framework to ensure the NJFP stays accountable to its participants, partners and long-term objectives.
The programme will serve all of Nigeria – from North to South and East to West – ensuring that organisations and youth from all corners of the country can participate through merit-based selection.
The NJFP is committed to contributing to the Sustainable Development Goals and wants to support sectors and industries that play an important role in building the future of Nigeria. The programme targets a broad range of sectors including the start-up economy, innovation and creative industries, the digital and technology sector, the green economy sector, financial services, key public and international development institutions, research and development, agriculture, real estate, construction, transportation, and health services. In other words, there is a place for every organisation in this programme.
We are challenging the narrative that world class opportunities only exist outside our borders.The Nigeria Jubilee Fellows Programme equips the next generation of young leaders who are poised to steer the course of national development by giving them the tools they need to succeed, today.
Other programmes and initiatives tend to require some sort of advanced requirement from applicants or lower the entry bar in terms of the kind of opportunities that are available. NJFP does the opposite, by inviting qualified applicants across a level playing field without compromising the pedigree of organisations that will play host to successful Fellows.
- Fellows will be matched with host organisations based on their interests as well as those aligned to the organisation
- They will receive a monthly stipend from NJFP
- 3 clear pathways are available for the Jubilee Fellow at the end of their active engagement in the fellowship:
- High performing Jubilee Fellows may go on to be retained by their respective host organisations.
- Fellows with interest in entrepreneurship would have garnered sufficient skills and knowledge on the job which will be invaluable as they pursue other opportunities
- With newly acquired on-the-job skills & competencies, experience. exposure and a formidable alumni network which can be leveraged, fellows are better positioned and equipped to compete and access future jobs and employment opportunities.
Provide Fellows with a meaningful placement opportunity for twelve-months, engaging them in substantial work during the whole period. The sign-up process will be preceded by a needs assessment for host organisations.
What are the Benefits for an Organization to join the NJFP?
- Cost Savings – No HR agencies, advertising costs, lengthy triple-round interview process, or salary costs. The NJFP has you covered.
- Increased Productivity – Access to a wide range of highly qualified candidates with cutting-edge skills relevant to your organisation that will help to increase your team’s productivity.
- Improved Brand Image – Boosting your corporate social responsibility work and by showing commitment to give back to the community engagement in the programme will contribute to a positive brand image for your organization.
- Expanded Network – You will be a part of the NJFP network of national and regional private and public sector entities as well gain access to an expanded pool of experienced, employable young Nigerian expertise to draw from.
- Increased Policy Influence – Access to a national platform for deliberative public policy reform discussions on education, employment and relevant industry policy issues.
Options for Participation
The programme offers three broad areas of possible engagement for employers in the private and public sector. These areas are not mutually exclusive, and organisations are invited to engage as partners in more than one area.
- Provide Fellow(s) with a meaningful, fully paid placement opportunity for twelve-month
- Knowledge partner: Contribute with professional guidance, thematic and industry expertise and skill enhancement through mentoring, coaching and e-learning opportunities to the fellows.
- Financial Contributor: Contribute with financial or material resources to the programme (stipend to the fellows, insurance, IT equipment etc.).
Interested in the NJFP?
Sign up to learn how we can help you up your talent game this year. Once we have received your expression of interest, a member of the NJFP team will be in touch to conduct an initial assessment of your organizations’ needs and discuss next steps. MORE INFORMATION
TO APPLY VISIT: https://www.njfp.ng/