Deadline: July 4th 2021
Our mission is to unite environmental youth non-profit organisations in Europe. YEE’s goal is to mitigate the climate crisis by:
- raising awareness and building capacity among youth on the climate crisis;
- enhancing international cooperation and knowledge-sharing among our members;
- strengthening the participation of youth in environmental and climate decision-making processes.
What is the Advocacy Working Group (AWG)?
In August 2020, Youth and Environment Europe set up a new Advocacy Working Group as an ambitious initiative to ensure even stronger participation of young people in environmental and climate governance processes, building closer links with decision-makers and advocating for action on climate change. We are a team of approximately 10 who push for more projects at YEE on diverse topics: environmental governance, green Europe, biodiversity, oceans & Arctic, environmental law, and climate change.
Role description: What is the Advocacy Coordinator?
This is a part-time position that would require 20 hours per week preferably based in Prague (remote position can be discussed) for the YEE AWG. The principal tasks would be centered around coordinating the creation of toolkits, a new advocacy initiative, on topics concerning CBD COP, COP26, and G20 processes, as well as supporting the AWG’s advocacy campaigns through partnership reporting, workshop designing, and helping with YEE’s strategy and engagement.
Who are we looking for?
- A young person, between 18-29, preferably a student or young professional with flexible hours; able to take meetings during the day on weekdays.
- From Europe (not limited to European Union Member States) and preferably able to relocate to Prague, Czechia.
- Someone who is motivated, curious, and a fast learner!
- Comfortable with platforms such as Google Drive, Zoom, Slack, Notion & more
- Ability to communicate clearly and consistently in a group setting
- Well-organised and keeps track of projects in a proactive manner
- A positive attitude in the face of the climate crisis
Skills that would be an asset?
- Knowledge of the climate crisis, environmental movements, policy, UN processes, European policy is an added bonus but not required (this is where the willingness to learn comes in!)
- Knowledge of other languages (French, Polish…);
- Involvement in or good understanding of Green movements and Green politics;
- Experience of working in the non-governmental sector;
- Good knowledge and application of non-formal education methodology.
What would the job entail?
- Support the Advocacy Manager Nathan Méténier, and the Board Member for External Relations Chloé ten Brink in project management and advocacy campaign overviewing
- Responsible for coordinating the creation of toolkits on the CBD and Climate COP26
- Help to manage YEE’s Advocacy Working group and engagement with YEE’s Member Organisations.
- Keeping regular contact with and coordinating between the stakeholders (such as participants, project partners, providers, amongst others);
- Traveling for project purposes and working on weekends occasionally required;
What do we offer?
- Part-time position of 20 hours per week with a monthly net salary of 23000 Czech Crowns, (equivalent to 900 EUR, depending on the conversion rate). Possibility to be prolonged.
- An inclusive work environment with fun, friendly, and passionate colleagues from all corners of Europe;
- Flexible working hours;
- Possibility to learn and grow very quickly with the opportunity to learn about policy-making processes at the national, European, and international level.
- The position will run from mid-July 2021 to mid-January with the possibility of prolonging the contract (potentially to a full-time position);
Are you interested? Apply here by the 4th of July 2021
In case you have any questions feel free to contact our Advocacy Manager Nathan at firstname.lastname@example.org