- March 4, 8PM PST: Early entry deadline.T-Mobile and Ashoka will select one winning team from those that apply by March 4, 2021 for a cash prize of $2,000. Additionally all entries submited by early entry deadline will receive feedback on how to improve their application
- April 8, 9PM PST: Final entry deadline.
As change accelerates across every part of the country, there is an urgent need for solutions from every part of society. Now is an extraordinary time to be a young changemaker.
The T-Mobile Foundation, T-Mobile and Ashoka, are teaming up again this year to kick off the third Changemaker Challenge. This nationwide opportunity gives trailblazing young leaders (ages 13 to 18) the chance to take their ideas on how to create more connected, sustainable and inclusive communities and make them a reality.
Now through April 8, 2021 (9PM PST), teams can enter the Challenge. We are looking for innovative ideas that focus on Technology, the Environment or Education – all with an eye towards creating more connected, sustainable and inclusive communities. Teams with winning ideas will receive an all-expenses paid trip to Bellevue, WA for the three-day intensive Changemaker Lab workshop hosted at T-Mobile’s headquarters (subject to change based on CDC COVID-19 safety recommendations) along with ongoing mentorship, skills development, and up to $15,000 in seed funding to supercharge their ideas.
Are you a T-Mobile employee or does a parent work for T-Mobile? If so, we’re running a separate contest for you – the T-Mobile Family Changemaker Challenge. Just fill out the same application form and make sure to indicate your affiliation with T-Mobile. One Family Changemaker Challenge participant will be eligible to win a $5,000 prize and pitch their idea in front of senior leaders at T-Mobile.
If you have any questions regarding the T-Mobile Changemaker Challenge please contact us at CMChallenge@ashoka.org.
- Participants must be at least 13 when applying and not older than 18 by the end of entry period United States or Puerto Rico residents.
- Two participants of eligible ages (plus ONE chaperone if any participant is under 18) per winning team will travel for the Changemaker Lab.
- One application per initiative and per person will be accepted.
- Previous winners from the Changemaker Challenge 2018 and 2019 are not eligible. If you applied last year and were not one of the winning teams, you can re-apply.
- Applications must be submitted in English.
- Employees of T-MOBILE USA, INC. or T-Mobile Puerto Rico, LLC, their parent companies, affiliates and subsidiaries, joint ventures, participating advertising and promotion agencies are only eligible to compete in the specific challenge in place for those individuals with formal ties to T-Mobile. One can apply for this challenge by selecting the option marked “Yes” for the question “Are you employed by T-Mobile or related to an employee of T-Mobile?” when completing the application. The eligible relationships to the T-Mobile employee are Parent/Guardian or Sibling.
Apply HERE !