Deadline: 21 May 2021
Benefits: for the 5 main winners – the prize for each of the winners is a three to four-day visit to Mayr-Melnhof Karton and practical training at Mayr-Melnhof Packaging International
Europe’s leading annual young talent competition for packaging design is open for entries now! Pro Carton is the European Association of Carton and Cartonboard manufacturers. Its main purpose is to promote the use of cartons and cartonboard to brand owners, the trade as well as designers, the media and politicians as an economically and ecologically balanced packaging medium.
Focusing exclusively on cartonboard, the award plays a pioneering role in promoting sustainability as well as innovation in the European packaging industry and its supply chain. Teachers can make the award a course project for the coming academic year. If you are a student, please encourage your teachers to let you participate!
Entries can be submitted in four categories:
- Creative Cartonboard Packaging Food & Drink: The focus lies on cartonboard as the most sustainable food and beverages packaging material and its recyclability. Give a taste of great design!
- Creative Cartonboard Packaging All Others – excluding Food & Drink: This category focussed on using the most sustainable packaging material for non-food packaging. Everything needs packaging, have a look around yourself and get inspired!
- Creative Cartonboard Ideas: Think outside the box! Here was a chance for you to put forward your cartonboard ideas outside of the packaging market.
- Save the Planet: Every minute a truckload of plastics is dumped in the ocean. You showed us your ideas as to how cartonboard can reduce or replace plastic and help us save the planet!
In addition to these four category winners, the jury will also choose the winner of the “Newcomer Award“ plus, consumers will have the opportunity to vote and select the winner of the Public Award.
- The competition is aimed at all design students in Europe who are not working as professionals. They must not have completed their studies before the summer of 2021 (proof is to be supplied with the entry, e.g. student enrollment document).
- An entry gives the organisers the right to showcase the submitted concepts in a public exhibition, including publication, promotion and documentation of the competition.
- For the 5 main winners – the prize for each of the winners is a three to four-day visit to Mayr-Melnhof Karton and practical training at Mayr-Melnhof Packaging International, both in Austria. It will be a unique and memorable experience.
- A trophy and certificate.
- The winner of the Public Award will win an iPad and a certificate.
- International publicity and recognition.
For more information and to apply, please visit the official website.