Deadline: March 10 and March 31
Qualifications: All youth ages 5-25 in the United States are eligible to apply.
Youth Service America (YSA) is searching for Heartwarming Young Heroes with creative ideas to foster meaningful connections, promote inclusion, and teach empathy. With support from Hershey’s Heartwarming Project, YSA will award up to $50,000 in grants for youth-led service projects and community-building activities during Global Youth Service Day (April 23-25, 2021). With $100, $250, and $500 grant options, all youth ages 5-25 in the United States are eligible to apply.
We’re looking for ideas straight from your heart that build meaningful connections and create more inclusive, empathetic, and kind communities. Suggested project focus areas include:
- Promoting Inclusion
- Celebrating Diverse Cultures
- Building Racial Equity
- Teaching Empathy
- Creating a Kinder Community
- Protecting Mental Health
- Fostering Meaningful Connections
- Building Intergenerational Relationships
- Addressing Social Isolation
- Helping Your Community Recover from COVID-19
- You can propose a project with a different focus as long as it has building empathy, inclusivity, kindness, and/or connection as one of its goals.
Find ideas to get you started in YSA’s Idea Center.
- $100 Miniature-Size Grant – for small family-and-friends-sized activities
(required to engage at least 10 youth participants as volunteers)
- $250 Standard-Size Grant – for medium-size group/club/classroom activities
(required to engage at least 25 youth participants as volunteers)
- $500 King-Size Grant – for larger community-wide activities
(required to engage at least 50 youth participants as volunteers)
- Plan a youth-led service project or community-building activity for Global Youth Service Day.
- Engage at least 10, 25, or 50 other youth participants (volunteers) depending on grant size.
- Register your GYSD activity by April 9 and complete a post-project impact report by May 14.
- The early application deadline is Wednesday, March 10 to be notified by March 19.
- Early applicants who are not selected in round 1 can revise their application based on feedback provided by YSA and resubmit.
- The final application deadline is Wednesday, March 31 to be notified by April 9.
Anyone can submit during this second application period, even if you did not apply by the early deadline.
Apply HERE !