Tory Lanez’ request that he should be able to speak publicly about the Megan Thee Stallion case has been shot down by the judge.

Tory had filed a request in the case in front of the judge who has been dealing with the matter that he should be allowed to speak publicly about the shooting that took place in July. A judge had ordered the Canadian rapper-singer to not speak on the ongoing case over any new information he receives from the prosecutors. He had also been barred from contacting Megan on social media and ordered to stay at least 100 yards away from her.

Tory has pleaded not guilty to one felony count each of assault with a semi-automatic firearm and carrying a loaded & unregistered firearm in a vehicle. Page Six reports that Tory’s lawyer Shawn Holley argued at the Superior Court of California in Los Angeles Thursday that the Canadian rapper-singer should be allowed to talk about it since Megan has the same liberty.

Megan fired off angry tweets over the false rumors on social media in January that the case against Tory had been dropped. “Y’all can’t tell when shit fake news? Y’all still don’t see an ABUSER picking with me ? The first court date got pushed back bc of the inauguration but I can’t wait until the MF FACTS come out ! Bitch you shot me AND MY STORY NOT CHANGING AND BITCH YOU GOING TO JAIL.”

“I think in a perfect world, no one would be able to say anything,” Holley told the judge on Thursday. “My goal is to be fair.”

“We have two high-profile celebrities named as the defendant and the alleged victim in this case,” the judge said, pointing out that “the last thing I think anyone wants” is for social media to become part of the evidence in the case.

Leave a Reply