Application online until March 21, 2021 (23:59, Paris time)
WHAT ARE FRANCE AND AFRICA’S MOST MOST URGENT QUESTIONS THIS YEAR ?
The devastation caused by the pandemic is impossible to express in words. Whilst lockdowns keep us isolated at a time when we need each other the most, the challenges facing Africa and France have never been more complex.
Now more than ever, the French-African Foundation wishes to identify, assemble and nurture the most promising high-potential talents within the France and African economic, political, academic, social and cultural ecosystem. How can we speed the recovery? What solutions remain unexplored, for inclusive growth to become the fabric of our societies? Where to next? Millions of people are counting on the next
generation of African and French leaders to be the answers to the region’s most pressing questions.
WHERE ARE THE ANSWERS AFRICA AND FRANCE NEEDS ?
This year, as a matter of urgency, the French-African Foundation has expanded the capacity of the Young Leaders program three-fold, from 30 to 100 selectees. The selection process will be progressive, gender-free-based and exhaustive to ensure a fair and equal playing field in identifying the 100 people who show the talent, energy and values necessary to provide the answers for transformative change in our ecosystem.
- Selectees must be between 28 and 40 years old.
- They need to be French nationals or the nationals of an African country.
- Fluency in English is required. Fluency in French or a demonstrated interest to learn.
- French is highly beneficial and will be an advantage in the application process.
- Selectees should demonstrate engagement across public and private sectors, and across geographical borders.
- The selectee must also demonstrate applied skills and experiences in any domain (which could include manufacturing and industry, services, public administration, agriculture, health, science, education, tech, culture and art, media, sports, community, etc.)
- They must showcase inclusive leadership, commitment, and a sustained involvement (3 years minimum) that impacts their community, country, or sub-region.
- Lastly, a display of a privileged professional and/or personal and/or associative relationship with France and Africa will be valorized.
Read more and apply here: https://en.french-african.org/young-leaders-2021