Korean government invites 60 international students from 72 countries who wish to pursue a bachelor’s degree (Engineering or Nature Science majors) and also 35 international students from 17 countries who wish to pursue an associate degree in Korea. To be selected as a GKS grantee, any applicant should successfully pass through the 1st selection process set by the designated universities.
- All applicants and their parents must be citizens of GKS program’s partner countries that are invited to take part in this program and must not hold Korean citizenship.
- Must be under 25 years of age as of March 1, 2021 (born after March 1, 1996)
- Must hold high school diploma as of March 1st , 2021 or must be expected to graduate high school by March 1st, 2021.
- All applicants must have maintained the overall grade point average (CGPA) equivalent to or higher than any ONE of the following from their respective universities: – Bachelor’s Degree Applicant: 80% or above on a 100 point scale or be ranked within the top 20% within one’s class – Associate Degree Applicant: 75% or above on a 100 point scale or be ranked within the top 25% within one’s class
- All applicants must be in good health, both mentally and physically, to study in Korea for the full duration of degree or research programs.
- Settlement Allowance: 200,000 KRW (offered once after entry to Korea)
- Monthly Allowance: 900,000 KRW per month
- 1-Year Korean Language Training Fee: Fully covered
- Degree Program Tuition: Fully covered
- Medical Insurance: 60,000 KRW per month
- Korean Proficiency Grants: 100,000 KRW per month
- Degree Completion Grants: 100,000 KRW (offered once)
Please contact the 1st selection organizations(embassy or university) to get detailed information regarding the application submission such as application deadline, required documents, interview and etc. Application submission deadline may differ by each embassy or university that conducts the first round of selection; however, it is expected to be around late September or early October.
For more information please visit the official website.
Deadline: varies depending on the universities
Open to: citizens of GKS program’s partner countries
Benefits: fully funded