A section of the Sokoto Central Market in Sokoto State was gutted by fire in the early hours of Tuesday, January 19.

Fire guts

Fire guts

According to reports, the fire allegedly caused by an electricity generating set started around 5am in the morning.

It was further gathered that men of the state fire service worked tirelessly to extinguish the fire which had already destroyed many shops.

 

Fire guts

Fire guts

An official of the state fire service said shop owners also joined in putting out the fire as they counted their losses.

Watch the videos below,

We reported earlier of how a petrol laden tanker reportedly fell and burst into flames around IBB Boulevard, opposite GTBank Kuto, Abeokuta on Tuesday, 19th January as well.

As at the time of filing the report, the fire service in the state and other officials had arrived at the scene to put out the fire and attend to the incident.

Graphic images and videos show a burnt body laying on the ground as well as burnt up cars. Some videos also show the moment people scampered for safety, with some sustaining burn injuries.

 

Leave a Reply